Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have You Ever Thought

At times when we least expect it we receive insight from the most unlikely place. If we are open we will receive the insight, process it and then move forward in our effort to become something different. Different from the thing you were before you received the insight. As we look at the pictures of our lives we find that we ignore so many opportunities to grow and progress. Either through our pride, self esteem, our ignorance, we ignore bytes of progressive thought, which in turn actually minimizes our value to ourselves and to others. If we open up our receptors to information and learn to evaluate versus shut out, we will gain so much in our lives. How do I become the best "ME" I can become? By listening and learning from our environment.

I knew a man once that told me "there will always be people who are smarter than you and those who are not as smart as you" he continued "that only makes you you and them, them. At no time are you better or worse of a person, student, worker, brother, sister, parent or friend." "What makes you different from them is how you process what they send you and what you choose do with it." Wow and he never graduated from high school. I never learned what he meant until many years later.

1 comment:

  1. Dad, I can't wait for your next post! This is just the sort of thing I have been thinking about lately. You have to believe that you are the best that you can be, then live up to that assumption. I love you. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your next entry

    ReplyDelete