Sunday, January 17, 2010

Succeeding

I have been reading a book in a journey to find how we can all succeed. I find that the overriding factor is TRUST. In order to maximize who we are we need to create and nurture trust with others but before we do that we really have to build trust in ourselves. It is the single most important trait to creating relationships and team.
My daughter who seems to always want to challenge me by buying me books to read so that I may continue on my journey to find total success (not money). A book that changed my life she had given me 4 years ago and helped me along my journey. The book was titled "Leadership and Self Deception." It is a book on leadership but it is really a book on trust and relationships. It is in paperback and is written by the Arbinger Institute. It taught me a value that I knew was needed but I did not realize how much I needed it. It was total trust! What an amazing concept! If you are interested in being the best you can be I highly recommend this book. I found that often I trusted people, but they did not understand the trust by the way I was presenting issues around other people. If you are in a meeting or with friends and you tear down others you have lost the ability to be in total trust. Not only did you lose the ability to be in total trust, those around you who you trust now wonder if you really trust them. Strange concept to understand, but true. Saying trust is not living trust.

If you live in total trust you can do just about anything and you can have others with you who want to be around you and be part of the success you are creating - whether socially, in work or as a friend or neighbor.

Nietzsche once said "He who has a why to live can bear any how to live." To better assess how to live in these difficult times we must understand the why of who we are. Not the Spiritual why, but our life's purpose "why." Once you can encircle your "why" you can then take on anything and can serve anyone. Until you find your why you may be out of balance in success. You can still be successful, in fact very successful, but without your "why." you will never be totally fulfilled as a person. Find your why. Take your journey. Stop, look, read, listen, fail, support, be wrong, praise others and you are then on your road to your "why."

No comments:

Post a Comment